Hi all, it's me again . I'm still having problems. I did order Debian, but
from the product descriptions, it won't have much in the way of server
software. Is this accurate? Oh, well, as long as I can get my printer to
work. Speaking of which, I tried SuSE again. I also tried Mandrake Linux 6.0
I had laying around. Mandrake would not take. I tried SuSE, as an update.
This would not take, either. I tried SuSE as a new install. It took but I
still can't get a printer. The error messages when I type LPR are that I
don't have LPD installed or I am not root. I also get a console log error,
"Get_Local_Host: 'localhost' IP address not available!" Well, I hate to
disagree, but I put 127.0.0.1 as the IP address and 255.255.255.0 ias the
subnet mask when I was configuring the network card. I also went back and
manually installed the LPD package. I still get the same errors. What
directories might I need to check to make sure everything is ok?