Not to turn this into a MUG,

     but I have to say that Apple has a history (mostly with Jobs at the
helm) of killing off excellent technology and projects.  Take the Newton,
and for that matter the AppleII GS, excellent technology, and Jobs
figuratively (as well as literally, according to some) threw them out the
window.  Now I know that NextStep was adopted to OpenStep and some of that
technology was opened up in that project, but I don't know what happened
from there.  Given Jobs, he probably shelved it and hoped the world would
ignore anything that he didn't deem to be the direction he wants to take
Apple in.
     I think Jobs is a great leader and knows how to get people to
accomplish some great things, but I think he also has a belief that he is
the reason Apple is what it is, all I can say to that is one word: Woz....

                                   later,

                              mbutler