How about simply keeping them in a text file and then accessing the file via
FTP?

Or you could simply use a Perl CGI script to store the records in a text
file.

I'm not convinced you require the complexity of a RDBMS.  Do you need
backup/recovery?  ACID transactions?  Declarative query language (SQL)?
Query optimizer?  Multiuser capability?  If not, you don't need a RDBMS.  If
you already have one and know how to use it, then go ahead and use it,
otherwise it's probably not worth the effort.  Keep it simple.

Mike