I just found out that there's a beta version of MS Office for MacOSX. it's
been available for a couple of weeks; and the guy I talked to says it's
pretty reliable.

the interesting thing is the way it does license checking... apparently it
opens a TCP port and searches for other machines running Office with the
same serial #. however, since OSX is BSD-based, someone wrote an ipfw script
to block those ports; and with that running, the application thinks it's the
only machine on the network with that software. :)

has anyone heard of a project to make OSX binaries (ones with a native OSX
GUI) run on linux? this could be the leverage needed to take over the
desktop, and make migration from windows to *nix easier for companies.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Insert witty comment here.