On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:12:15AM -0600, Marc Olivier wrote:

>   ok, here is the situation with my request. I am going to pester Suse
>   Linux, since it is there product, adn they should support it. Thanks
>   to those who responded for the offers of help, I appreciate it. My
>   main thing right now is, when I go into konsole, and I type lp, I get
>   the following
>
>   "Get_local_host:  'localhost' IP address not available!"

edit your /etc/hosts file. At a minimun you need
127.0.0.1	localhost

It's always nice to add your IP and a host.domain.com
192.168.1.11 yourhostname.yourbugusdomain.com

>   now, I can't get them out. What is happening?
You're using SuSE, which means that if you edit those files and then at a
later time run Yast it'll reset everything to the way it thinks it should
be. Suse intends for you to ONLY admin your box with YaST. Though why
ænyone would use that thing is beyond me, it takes 10 times as long to use
YaST and navigate through untill you find what you want.

Perhaps you should give RedHat-7.2 a try.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc

this rest of this space intentionally left blank.