On Mon, 05 Nov 2001, Marc Olivier wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am interested in getting some recent version of Linux up and running on my
> PC. I want to (eventually) experiment with networking, especially SAMBA, but
> any networking would be nice. I currently have Suse 7.3, but I've had some
> strange problems regarding my printer and sound card, and am wondering if
> things might be better with a different "make" of Linux. If appropriate, I
> would like to request someone burn a CD with full networking version of Red
> Hat or Debian on it, so I can see what's up. I have a 56K modem, so
> downloads don't sound like a good idea (or is it?)
>
> Please let me know if this can be done, or am I out of line for asking?

How dare you ask us to share Linux. Do you want us to get in trouble? The nerve of some people. Oh wait, Linux is free. Nevermind.

So what part of town do you hang out at? Just let us know what you want and I'm sure someone is willing to burn you a copy. If you have time, give all the distros a try. Then let us know what you think.

-- Clay