Rodd;

  If your main goal is to browse the NT network and mount shares to your
Linux workstation, you might want to try LinNeighborhood:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/linneighborhood/homepage/

  It's old, a bit buggy, hasn't been updated in a while, and is far from
refined but it does work. From a Samba point of view, all you should
really need is 'smbmount' which lets you mount an NT share to your
directory tree. (Try doing an 'smbmount' without any parameters and it
should give you enough help to get you started.)

				-=[ Steve ]=-