On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 06:57:25AM -0600, Dan Drake wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 04:49PM -0600, Hvidsten, Leif wrote:
> > Hence, this is why formulas such as this have been devised:
> >
> > http://www.ringworld.org/kbullock/funny/Evilgirls.gif
>
> Actually, the formula is wrong. When it says
>
> 	Girls = (Sqrt(Evil))^2,

I think it's wrong when it says Girls = Time * Money.  I think girls
are a non-linear complex valued function of both time and money, i.e.

	Girls = f(t,m)

> all you know is that Girls equal the *absolute value* of Evil. And since
> evil is certainly negative, the formula is
>
> 	Girls = (-1) * Evil.

No, again, I believe evil to be complex, and certainly girls are.
Therefore you have to multiply by the conjugate, though that's perhaps
a bit risque for a "family program." ;)

> And my parents said a math degree wouldn't be useful!

They should have said it wouldn't profit you. ;)

Oh -- "Linux."  Now this post is flame-retardant.

--
I used to like HP before computers, and once I even liked Compaq,
but I liked DEC better than HP and Compaq put together.