* H P Christianson (hans at friedchicken.org) wrote:
  I've been thinking about getting one of those shiny new G4 laptops.  Is anyone using one of those?  Thanks!

EXCELLENT idea my friend. I has got to be one of the best purchases I
have ever made. I am quite happy with my powerbook G4. I does every
thing and then some. The only limitation I see is backward compatability
with things like floppies and rs232, both of which you can get a USB
adapter for. It just simply rawks. If you do get one, make sure and get
OS X and the X.1 update (mandatory). I have run SuSE ppc on mine. I have
been trying to get DebianPPC and LinuxPPC and YDL, but the cd's do not
want to boot proper (maybe cause they are burned?) Other than that I am
very happy with my lappy. The wireless card is also a must have. I would
stay away from the airport base station though, to many limitations. I
use my airport card with a variety of base stations without problem.
Mac hardware is the bomb. IMHO