12x.  Actually, they work just fine in my roomies Sony burner.  Must just be
the combination of the Acer 12x ghetto style burner and the PNY discs.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian [mailto:lxy at cloudnet.com]
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 5:56 PM
To: 'tclug-list at mn-linux.org'
Subject: RE: [TCLUG] errors while fixating a CDR with an ATAPI burner

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Doh, it was the media.  I bought a spindle of 100 PNY CDR's at best buy
for
> $20.  You get what you pay for...

Really?  I bought 100 PNY's on some kind of rebate deal for SUPER DUPER
cheap (same sale on them today at Worst Buy, btw, $8 for 50 after
rebate) and I haven't had any problems.  Then again, I burn at 4x.  What
speed are you burning those at?  It seems that all the people with media
problems are having them at 8x and faster.  For me, it's worth waiting
that extra 10-15 min if it means I can use the cheapies.  Never burned a
coaster at 4x.

-Brian