http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Austad, Jay [mailto:austad at marketwatch.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 12:35 AM
To: 'tclug-list at mn-linux.org'
Subject: RE: [TCLUG] DAO-RAW mode cd burning program

Basically, I want to make a copy of the Sims, but it has that damn copy
protection thing where they insert bad blocks in the CD, so when you try to
read it, you get an Input/Output error.

I've tried:
dd if=/dev/scd0 of=sims.iso
cat /dev/scd0 > sims.iso

And both give me i/o errors and die.  Is there some way I can tell them to
just keep reading and not die?  What about putting the burning in some kind
of mode where it just doesn't care?  Annoying.