On Fri, 25 May 2001, Brian wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001, James A. N. Stauffer wrote:
>
> > I friend of mine is looking at an HP Pavilion N5250 700Mhz 128MB for $867.
>
> If I didn't build my own, an HP would be my choice for a good solid
> machine.  For a chinsy machine, can't beat an E-machine though :-)

We've had very good luck with the HP Vectras at school. The Pavilions,
however, are an entirely different matter. In my experience, they are
complete crap. (Recent models may be different.) They are the "Presario" of
HP. 'nuff said. :-)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org