On 25 May 01, at 13:41, Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > I'm a champion of java and Enhydra,
>
> The thing with Java is, well, it works badly. Even on THAT os, it's still
> slower than dirt, and still sometimes Java applets don't work at all.
> Heck, even the Java stuff Sun shoves down peoples' throat doesn't always
> work perfectly.

I think Bob _may_ have been suggesting that the work be done with Java
servlets or JSP. The client would not need to have a JVM running on their
system to access the web pages.

> And Java under Linux is HORRIBLE. I've still not got it going decently in
> Mozilla, and Netscape sure doesn't need any help crashing...

The Java code would run on the server.

I have little practical Java coding experience, but I have been studying it since
the start of the year. I just finished 'Java Web Application Development' this
week.

I would be very interested in helping to implement something in Java if
someone with more experience would like to start something up. I have a little
experience deploying Java apps with Tomcat, but I am not familiar with
Enhydra.

Mike