That may be true for applets and stuff running in browsers, but it seems
fine for things like JSPs or other applications.  I've had a few nits
with it here, but for the most part it's great.  Most of our problems
were way down in the networking stuff.

Yes, it's still slower than C, but while you shouldn't expect a Java app
written for Windows to just up and run (maybe only a few minor issues
here and there, and once you fix the Linux code you can usually take
that code and run it on both Windows and Linux, not sure about Solaris)
it's not nearly as bad as porting C.

Yaron wrote:
 And Java under Linux is HORRIBLE. I've still not got it going decently
in

--

Jesse Erdmann
Engineer