i have that soundcard in that mobo... its cheap, and
you get what you pay for (for sound quality at least)
plus i had some problems getting all the drivers
compiled...

i am going to buy a Sound Blaster Live once i get
paid, i would recomend the same...

(oh and DO NOT use an ISA sound card, the lack of IRQs
and the slow bus makes it even worse than the AC97)

 -munir

(http://www.thedukeofurl.org/reviews/misc/linuxguide10/).

=====