thanks for the help guys, but since it is to be used
only temporarily they opted for Vicomsoft(sp?) a
shareware DHCP server that runs under winblows...

but on the bright side, i showed them a little magic
using GNU parted and they were(me too as i never used
it before) impressed to say the least, i would only
hope that they support NTFS and broken partition
tables  sometime in the future...

 -munir

=====