On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:58:55PM -0500, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2001, Scott Raun wrote:
>
> > Could someone give me a pointer to 'upgrade debian from potato to
> > woody'? It looks like I need to go to at least the version of apache
> > in testing to get virtual hosting to work.
> >
> > And the hint I found at www.debian.org/releases/testing was NOT
> > useful!
>
> Here's what I'd do:
>
> rename /etc/apt/sources.list to /etc/apt/source.list.potato
>
> make a new one that contains
>
> 'deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free'

This part I already had.

For some reason dselect isn't finding the apache 1.3.19 that's
supposed to be in testing. And this is after I did an update!

> apt-get update //I don't know if you need to, but it doesn't hurt
>
> apt-get upgrade
>
> Does that help, or did you know it already?

apt-get! THANK YOU! I couldn't remember the name of the upgrading
program, and dpkg and dselect - and their man pages and their command
line help, and apropos, were all being less than useful.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org