On 15 May 2001, at 11:41, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> If ServerName is ytilaer.org, and you request http://ytilaer.org/, you
> should get index.html from the directory in the corresponding
> VirtualHost section.  There is nothing magical about "www"; it's
> simply a component of the name.

I agree totally, its just when ya see so many examples written the
same way....

Besides, if I read the instructions right about ServerAlias, it
shouldnt matter what you put in front, or omit in this case, it should
serve up the right page anyway.

Sadly for me, I'm beginning to think that my first success at getting
Apache to work was pure luck. If I was in Scotts shoes, it wouldnt
be working for me either.

Bob