On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 02:49:49PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> Responding to your other e-mail, yes, PuTTY rocks.  I don't think
> there's anything beyond the SSH/telnet client though.  TeraTERM was
> a package of encryption tools, PuTTY is a single excutable.  Maybe
> we need to "encourage" those fine folks who made PuTTY...

Not quite.

According to http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

* PuTTY (the Telnet and SSH client itself)
* PSCP (an SCP client)
* Currently in the development snapshots only: PSFTP (an SFTP client)
* PuTTYtel (a Telnet-only client)
* Plink (a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends)
* Pageant (an SSH authentication agent for PuTTY, PSCP and Plink)
* PuTTYgen (an RSA key generation utility).

Now, I haven't done anything with any of the rest of these - I finally
found a font / window pair that I was happy with, so I've just been
using the base executable. There is a temptation to get the RSA stuff
working, just to see exactly what it is.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org