> do you know how to make it work under Winblows?

In the ideal environment, your Win boxen are not directly
connected to the internet.  You have a firewall/router made
of linux or *BSD.  On the firewall, connect some obscure
port
over ssh to your POP server, then connect to the firewall's
obscure port and there you have it, encrypted POP under
Doze.
 Once I get my cable modem working, I'm setting up this sort
of thing for all my off-site administered boxen so nothing
goes unencrypted.

Responding to your other e-mail, yes, PuTTY rocks.  I don't
think there's anything beyond the SSH/telnet client though.
TeraTERM was a package of encryption tools, PuTTY is a
single
excutable.  Maybe we need to "encourage" those fine folks
who
made PuTTY...

-Brian