On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 04:35:01PM -0500, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:
> Try:
> LoadModule alias_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_alias.so

Line now commented out.

> instead of:
> LoadModule vhost_alias_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_vhost_alias.so

Line never commented out, still not commented out.

> Smack me on the server alias thing. I was wrong...but define mutiple
> aliases on one line like so:
> ServerAlias fireopal.org *.fireopal.org
>
> Restart apache:
> /etc/init.d/apache restart
>
> Cross your fingers and try again.

Did so.

> If no workie, squeeze the strees ball then:

Don't have one handy to squeeze - but I need it! Still not working.

> lynx /var/www/index.html
> lynx /var/www/host.whatever/index.html
> Just to make sure you don't need to smack yourself silly. :)

Also lynx /var/www/host.otherwhatever/index.html

/var/www/index.html and /var/www/host.fireopal.org/index.html are
files with identical content. /var/www/host.ytilaer.org/index.html has
different content.

> Don't nest those sites.

There's still a little bit of cleanup to be done in the un-nesting -
the /var/www/usr directory hasn't been duplicated into the
/var/www/host.fireopal.org directory. Other than that, they are
un-nested.

> Flush your browser cache.

No luck. Actually, every time I've checked I've done a Shift-Refresh
on the page after it came up, just to make certain it was still
broken.

Is it safe to assume that, since mail to and from ytilaer.com is
working, there's nothing I have to config that I haven't already at
the system level? (Does this question make sense?)

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org