There used to be Tuxtops or something like that, but I do believe that
they went out of business.  I think they loaded and configured dual boot
configurations.

Most laptops are Linux compatible.  Don't know of too many that aren't
really.  Personal preferance for me is IBM Thinkpads.  I have an older
P2-266 that it works fine on.  I haven't gotten around to configuring
everything on it, but as a base model it works great (running Slackware
on it).