I'm missing something.

I'm trying to get Apache 1.3.9 on Debian Potato to support two domains
- fireopal.org and ytilaer.com. fireopal.org is the primary domain,
and is supposed to be in /var/www. ytilaer.com is the secondary
domain, and is supposed to be in /var/www/host.ytilaer.com.

It looks like I'm supposed to using the NameVirtualHost directive, and
then <VirtualHost> and </VirtualHost> delimiters.

I've tried two or three variations - I've lost track - and I keep
breaking it. Either I get the ytilaer.com index.html when I go to
either domain, or I get the fireopal.org index.html when I go to
either domain. There was a period of about 10 minutes earlier today
when it looked like it was working - but now it's broken again.

I have NOT changed any of the LoadModule lines - do I need to
uncomment something to get this to work reliably?

I'm more than willing to pass along my complete httpd.conf - and any
other requested files! - to anyone who'd care to look at them.

OK - I just tried uncommenting the vhost_alias_module and issuing an
apache restart - makes no difference.

I am getting two errors at restart:

[warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80, the first has precedence
[warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

Here's what is - I think - the most relevant chunk of my httpd.conf.

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAlias fireopal.org *fireopal.org
ServerAdmin webmaster at fireopal.org
DocumentRoot /var/www/
ServerName www.fireopal.org
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/error.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAlias ytilaer.com *.ytilaer.com
ServerAdmin webmaster at fireopal.org
DocumentRoot /var/www/host.ytilaer.com
ServerName www.ytilaer.com
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/host.ytilaer.com-error.log
TransferLog /var/log/apache/host.ytilaer.com-access.log
</VirtualHost>

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org