On Thu, 10 May 2001, Simeon Johnston wrote:

> I am trying to resize a partition on my HD.  Having some trouble.
> I don't want to go out and buy Partition Magic.  I am trying to use FIPS
> but I can only find the DOS binary.  Is there a linux binary or is this
> DOS only?

I've gotten away with this using fdisk or cfdisk.  cfdisk is certainly
easier to use, and I understand (hearsay) that it is less likely to mung
things up.

Don't *expect* data to survive however you do it, and almost never if you
make a partition smaller.

Others may have better info.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous