<snip> (Austad, Jay)
> I'm not an asset manager.  What do you need to track besides the easily
> imagined -- ID, date of last inventory, date placed in service, location,
> configuration (i.e., memory / disks / etc. if you consider those assets
> worth tracking) and so forth?</snip>

	It would be nice if it would track the equipment to a user, have a
history of repairs on said equipment, peripherals attached to that system
and so on.

	We are a windows shop, (but I can dream can't I?) so there are a few
selections to go with for ready made stuff.  We rolled our own a few years
ago and it is not functional enough.  We don't have much time to develop it
so a ready made solution is probably in the cards.  Currently we have looked
a little at Tangram and Blue Ocean, if anyone has any experience with those,
feel free to comment.

	Ryan