On Sat, 5 May 2001, Jamie Ostrowski wrote:
> Different meters are probably going to have different specs. It would
> be best if we all had the same meters, would make the project easier,
> I would think anyway.

Well, I'll do the driver once.  After that, it might be best to put up a
web page to educate/train how to calculate the right impedances for
whatever anyone finds to use.

>     So what kind of meters would we want? Vintage looking? Newer? Doesn't
> matter? Let me know and I will try and find some that we will all like and
> will have reasonable specs.

It's not a matter of "reasonable" -- pretty much anything can work.  But
if we change the meter, every other circuit value will probably
change.  Not that there will be many, but still.  A D'Arsonval movement
meter is just a teensy little coil on a jeweled pivot, so it tends to be
sensitive.

 --
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous