On Sat, 5 May 2001, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> On Sat, 5 May 2001, Yaron wrote:
>
> > > First:  are we measuring used RAM?  Free RAM?  Swap?  what?
> >
> > analogmeter -c measures CPU, -r measures RAM, -s measures swap, pipe to it
> > from other programs... whatever we want.
> >
> > > Second:  this is only going to be a crude indicator, probably, because we
> > > have to scale it onto the face of the meter.
> >
> > I thought it'd be percentage, yeah... unless it does Load Avarage...
>
> OK.  Then we'll do the driver on a flopping DTR, if someone can write
> that, and the rest can be handled by software.  Really need those meter
> specs, though...

    It is going to depend on what kind of meters everyone is interested
in. Personally I would like one that is rather vintage-looking, but thats
just MHO. Different meters are probably going to have different specs. It
would be best if we all had the same meters, would make the project
easier, I would think anyway.

    Maybe we should have a seperate list for this project because
something tells me there is going to be a lot of communication required
that isn't going to really interest other TCLUG list subscribers.

    So what kind of meters would we want? Vintage looking? Newer? Doesn't
matter? Let me know and I will try and find some that we will all like and
will have reasonable specs.

      - Jme

--

   "It's pretty hard to stop a man who eats his toast every morning."