On Thu, 3 May 2001, Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
>
> > I want to write a Latin compiler.  This will take programs written in
> > Latin and convert them into machine executable code.
>
> You might be interested in
> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/papers/HTML/Perligata.html

Thanks -- it is interesting. It's really interesting on a lot higher level
than I am thinking about -- parsing inflected vs positional notation.  At
least at first, my aim is to learn to translate to the processors'
language.  (OK, so I thought the flashing lights and row of switched on
the pdp-8 for manual booting were cooler than a boot-ROM.)  But we're
going to have to write a language, so it gives a few (pretty well
developed) ideas!

Phil

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous