Hi,

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> I want to write a Latin compiler.  This will take programs written in
> Latin and convert them into machine executable code.

You might be interested in
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/papers/HTML/Perligata.html

in case you've never seen it before. From the website:

  This paper describes a Perl module -- Lingua::Romana::Perligata -- that
  makes it possible to write Perl programs in Latin. A plausible rationale
  for wanting to do such a thing is provided, along with a comprehensive
  overview of the syntax and semantics of Latinized Perl. The paper also
  explains the special source filtering and parsing techniques required to
  efficiently interpret a programming language in which the syntax is
  (largely) non-positional.

-Yaron