DANG.  I want this game.  The only problem is that I would have to get a Mac
version to play it.  My PC is only a 450 with an 8MB AGP card ( Blade 3D -
Shared architecture built in ).  It will run UT but it kinda sucks.  If I had
a better vid-card I would buy it but that isn't an option right now.
Besides. I would need a PCI card - even more expensive.
Great for everything else I do but not much in the 3D gaming department.

Sucks to be me.

andy at theasis.com wrote:

> Many people don't take advantage of the team aspect, and don't seem to
> care much how the team does. They stick to dueling, which I got bored with
> in 1990. I've been playing T2 since it came out, and I'm not especially
> good at dueling, maybe partly because my internet connection isn't so hot.
> I do set up some very effective defenses -- sensors and turret grids. The
> scoring system does reward this, since it tallies both "points" and
> "kills". The latter are direct kills that you execute, while the points
> come from repairing, taking out certain enemy hardware, or kills achieved
> by your turrets.

That is what make this game look soo cool.  Every friday ( when there isn't a
lot of work ) a bunch of us co - workers get an UT game going.  Lots of fun.
A couple of nights we came down here and played all night long ( 8:00PM -
7:00AM ).  That was fun.  Us against the bots.  It was insane.  That was team
play.

> Mods should be emphasized. First of all, the architecture of the game
> makes mod creation really accessible to people -- there's the physics
> engine, and then everything else is scripts -- for both the maps and the
> functionality of all the objects. The game comes with a map editor, and
> all the .vl2 files are in fact uncompressed .zips. Which means you can
> just dive in and start messing with stuff. You can change the maps, the
> look and functionality of the vehicles, or the things that are
> available from the inventory system. The documentation isn't really
> there, but you can expect that to develop in the user community over time.

I like the TacOps mod for UT.  Lots of fun.

sim