I've found that threatening them with a call to the Public Utilities
Commission gets them off their asses.  A former uswest employee said that
they now automatically get fined $500 for each complaint by they PUC.
Because there are so many complaints, they don't even investigate anymore,
they just send them the $500 fine.  :)

Jay