ReiserFS and exporting to Windows via SAMBA and Linux via NFS. :)

Anyway, where did you get the notion that you can't do fat32? It works
just fine. (Even if your format the drive with Windows ME) NTFS works
great read-only (even NTFS5, Windows 2000) but I haven't tried enabling
write (it's still marked DANGEROUS)

For DOS FAT support my suggestion is disable MSDOS fs support but enable
VFAT (Windows-95) fs support. The only use for MSDOS fs support is if
you're running Linux with umsdos filesystem. Otherwise, just use vfat.

Somewhere out there there is a readonly ext2 driver for windows. I've used
it, it works. (Actually there's more than one now) No security at all
though, but that would be ok for mp3.

In the end, given the file systems that Windows supports, vfat filesystems
work best for sharing physical media with mutiple operating systems. If
you're exporting the file system over the network, try ReiserFS. In most
cases you'll pick up a little extra space with ReiserFS over ext2.

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|           When in danger, or in doubt,         |
|        run in circles,  scream and shout!      |