I recently upgraded to KDE 2.1 with XF86 4.1 to try to solve an irritating
little problem I was having.

Since KDE 2.0 XF86 3.3.6 sometimes when I start an app in KDE being Netscape,
Konqueror, or an Xterm it seems as if the kdeinit or whatever hangs for a
while taking its sweet little time before deciding to open the app.  There
are occasions where I'll see it start but not open at all.   Odd thing is I
can't find nary a trace of a failure in any of the logs.  It's not all the
time nor does it seem to be based on the load of the machine.

I run a Dual P3 550 with a Gig of ram.  The same behavior can be seen if I
have  dnetc running or nothing at all.

I can't seem to explain it.

Distro Slackware 7.1 Current (As of a month or two ago)

Kernel 2.4.2

--

|\/|ike at GetBent.net