>No DSL in this neighborhood either, but RR suffices.

RR is $50/mo. while Qwest DSL is $20+[ISP fee]/mo. My company will pick-up
the ISP fee (through goldengate.net), so I'd rather not go cable (plus
AOL-TimeWarner is evil :). BTW, I called up RR and they said they're
service is not Linux-compatible.

>I thought the CD just wouldn't boot -- doesn't work at all? Yikes.

I haven't audited the entire CD, so it's unfair to say that it's a coaster.
All I know is that the "autoboot.bat" and "rawrite.exe" files are corrupted
(according to DOS). Haven't tried "winrawrite.exe" yet (what directory is
it in?).
If the SAMS version of RedHat is comparable to the "official" version (i.e.
no bloatware or spam), I won't need to borrow the discs. I'm still waiting
to find out if anyone knows about the differences between "versions."