A couple of months ago I tried compiling POSE, but IIRC, I ran into
trouble with the FLTK toolkt. Eventually, I just gave up and grabbed
the RPM from
http://www.bestlinux.net/en/contrib/pose-3.0a4-1mdk.i686.html
   Mind you, this is for 686 architectures. I'm on a plain ol' Pentium,
so I had to install it with --noarch, or whatever the command is for
rpm to ignore architecture. Worked fine, though.
   Wish I could help you on the compiling, but as I said, I couldn't
get the darn thing to compile. But at least there's another way (if you
have Intel Inside (TM).)
   :Peter