I've got an old VT220 that I finally had a few minutes to play with.  It
seems to work, but I'm shy on getting Linux serial talking.  Been through
the HOWTO's, blah blah.

When Carl and Tom Hudak were talking about using minicom for serial lines,
were you using that in conjuction with a getty?  I haven't been able to
get cp foo /dev/ttyS0 to make anything show up on the screen, either.  My
null modem is tx <-> rx, with signal gnd straight through.

I've checked baud rate on the /dev/ttyS0, the vt220 is set to 19200 8N1,
flow control off.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be missing?

Cheers
Phil

 --
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous