For some reason I thought that the version of YaST1 with 6.3 had the auto IP
on an interface by interface basis. Are your two cards the same? If so that's
probably the issue.  I think YaST can get confused if you have two of the
same card.  One thing to do is make the DHCP interface eth0 if possible. I
know on 6.2 that made life a lot easier. eth0 came up on boot with the
dhclient and then I stuck the following in the init stream as seteth1.
#! /bin/bash

/sbin/ifconfig eth1 inet netmask 255.255.255.0 up 192.168.1.1
/sbin/route add -net jack-net

This brought up my internal network card and added the route for my internal
network. I functioned for the better part of a year in Duluth using this
method.  I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Good Luck,
Jack