On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Peter Clark wrote:

> > Easy, alias ls='ls -l'.
>    Not easy. I _want_ to see hidden files. I don't want anything hidden
> from my eyes! It's the control freak in me. :)

There's a big difference between "hidden" and "non-accessible."

Use ls for most files, and write your current alias to ll or something,
that way you can have both.  If you're looking for a way to have the
machine "do what I mean, not what I say" then I think you're out of luck.

I like to know what's going on with my car in great detail, but it doesn't
mean I drive around with the hood open! ;)

Cheers
Phil

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous