All well and good, but I have had better luck using "cu -l tty{whatever} -s
{baud rate}". Contrary to other postings, minicom will work just fine also.
The trickey bit comes in the wiring, you may need to run a null modem cable
or adapter between the ports, my preferred method (when in doubt) is to get
a straight-through cable with a null-modem for one of the ends. That way you
have everything you need either way, and if you don't need it this time the
null-modem will come in handy later.

Dan Taylor