Yep, you're still confused.  Pine is a program for composing messages (just
like Netscape mail).  Once you've composed your message in pine and "send"
it, the mail is then passed off to sendmail to actually be sent.
Essentially, pine and netscape mail serve the same purpose.

Text based mail readers/composers (MUAs) don't tie in the web based email
or gui-based MUAs at all.  But both tie in with sendmail in order to send
your emails.

Like Andy said, read the howto for more info.

Gabe

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:12:44AM -0600, Shawn wrote:
> Hi, I'm confused.  Nice to meet you...  Just smack me upside the head please.
>
>  Everyone talks about using Pine, or other text based mail programs.  I was just
> curious as to how the text based mail programs relate and tie in with web
> browsers.  Maybe it's just easier for me to use Netscape mail still.  what I'm
> looking at though is to be able to get mail outside of my browser so I don't have
> to run netscape in the background.  That's where I was thinking of using sendmail,
> besides it's already installed.  Maybe Pine would be a better option?  Or, Bob had
> talked about one that acts like Lookout.
>

> Confused.

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I'm gonna hit ya, and you're gonna fall.
 And I'm gonna look down, and I'm gonna laugh."
 						- Ren Hoek in "Sven Hoek"