Is this part of portfw?  Part of the "ipmasqadm" package?  Because if it is
it's not really part of ipchains.  I think that most newer kernels have this
patch incorporated ( maybe not part of the standard 2.2.x kernel but
incorporated by most distros ).  I have seen it in all the distros I work
with.  I am sure it is in the new 2.4.x kernels.
The ipmasqadm is seperate from ipchains and contains a few binaries and a
kernel patch for 2.2.x kernels.
If I remember correctly it was fairly simple to install and is simply called
from the ipchains scripts.

sim