On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Is anyone here running the latest development version of Debian?  I'm just
> wondering how far along it currently is and how close it is to being
> released.

Current release is "Potato." "Woody" is currently quite slushy, but not
technically frozen. The Debian developers are trying to implement an
incremental freeze this time instead of an all or nothing one like they did
with Potato. I've had no stability problem with Woody lately since they've
added a new unstable branch ("Sid"). Unstable has had a couple serious
breakages in the last month or so. One was related to a Perl upgrade, IIRC.

All in all, things have been peachy running Woody on my workstation and
Potato on my servers. I'm not quite ready to dist-upgrade to Sid on my
workstation. Once Woody is frozen solid I'll probably upgrade to unstable.

HTH,
-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/