You'll probally see a performance boost on lower end hardware. (ATA-100 and
older scsi) When your start getting into RAID and fiber channel things may
be different. One thing not to do is creat a swap space on a RAM disk.

Creating a RAM disk is fairly easy, as metnioned before the default size is
4mb. You'll probally want to read up on the docuemntation (Try
/usr/src/linux/Documentation or I think there's a RAM disk howto out there)

Geez, you get me all excited about "moving to a linux based enviorment" but
you're still using windows on your clients. Shame on you. :P Oh well, I can
dream...

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132