Trustix is a secure version of Redhat.  1.2 comes with a 2.2.17 kernel
(modified slightly with extra secureity stuff - FreeSWAN and VPN stuff ).  It
has everything preconfigured for security and doesn't have a GUI at all.  I am
using it as a firewall and it is very nice.  They did a good job on this one.
This is a firewall howto w/ Trustix 1.2 if anyone is interested.

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-10/lw-10-fwinstall1.html

Another thing.  I am also trying to install the new 2.4.2 kernel and something
has been bothering me.  Redhat 7 came out saying it was "Kernel 2.4
compatible".  What exactly does that mean?  Do you need newere versions of
software to install the new kernel?  Does it use a different filesystem
structure?  Is there somewhere where I can find out what it requires to run?
What do I need to change to get the 2.4.2 kernel working?  I am compiling it
now and the only error I have is for PCMCIA wich I forgot to turn off (
reconfigured and recompiling now ).  Any pointers?

sim