On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Philip C Mendelsohn wrote:
>
> > On either the CDs or an ftp site, look for
> >
> > /dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/
> >
> > Substitue whatever distribution you use for potato.  If current doesn't
> > pan out, see what's in main/disks-i386.  Look for a file called
> > drivers.tgz.  I think this has what you want.  If not, look for drivers
> > floppy images.
>
> I've got the driver disks. I can't even get to the point where the installer
> asks for the driver disks. The installer seems to be looking for very basic
> drivers that would allow access to the H.D., for example. I can't find any
> information about what format this "preloading disk" should take.

Oh, sorry!  So I assume you've tried installing from floppies to force the
modules / drivers to come from the right source.

Try the debian-boot maillist, too.  The guys that wrote the code will
answer your question.  You could also try the Debian Mailing List
Archives.

You knew all that, though.  My only excuse for the lame suggestions is
that I've been doing tech-support for my 2 year old's Playschool
flashlight all morning, i.e.,

	"Turn the switch.  *Now* press the button...",

	"Nothing happened, daddy."

	"OK, press harder."

	"Oooooh."

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous