On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Jason Sowers wrote:
> I have Version 8.11.0-8 of sendmail running on a RH 7.0 box through a
> dial-up connection.  This is supporting about 100 users that are using it
> consistently with LookOut as the Client.  I used to run this same
> configuration on a 6.2 box, don't remember what the Sendmail version was.
>
> I have a problem when messages are sent, the users are getting the message
> No transport provider available.  This is not a consistent but rather a once
> in a while occurrence.  Does anyone have any ideas why this might be
> occurring? Some of the messages actually do get sent into the mail queue as
> if they are going to be sent, but Look Out still gets the message.  Is there
> a timeout in Sendmail that is causing this response?  I only believe that it
> has to be Sendmail because the old box never gave me the problem.
>
> Any suggestions?

URLs at Microsoft:

OL97: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/7/31.asp
OL98: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q180/4/84.ASP

Most likely one I can see is what they call the "* Anti-Spam software on
the SMTP server of your current Internet Service Provider (ISP) which
blocks messages from a different ISP address.", which, to mean, means that
the mail server rejects the message for whatever reason.

Can you get log files of when this is happening?