NO no no no no!
I have dual booted linux with win-crappy several times and you always install
windows first.  With 95/98/ME Lilo has to go into the MBR but with NT/2000 you
should use the win bootloader.  There are several howtos on this and I can dig
through my bookmarks to find them if you can't.
Using the NT/2000 bootloader will minimize the chances that it will really mess
something up.  And you can reload windows ( and we all know you will sooner or
later, probably sooner ) without disturbing your Linux partiontion or LILO.
So you install LILO on the first Linux partition and leave the MBR alone if
using NT or 2000.
If you ever go to ME/98/95 you can always rerun LILO to install into the MBR.
I have used this method several times and it worked great everytime.  Just
remember to always have a boot floppy ready to go. :-)

sim