Windows will overwrite the MBR anytime you install/upgrade it. (Isn't that
nice of it?) So the real question is what boot loader do you want to use?
You can boot Linux from the NT boot loader (probally passes control to lilo.
Never done it myself.) or boot NT with lilo.

I usually go with the two drive soultion, with linux on the primiary and
windows on the secondary. To boot Windows, lilo remaps the hard drives.
Pretty slick that way, I can install Windows and reinstall windows all I
like and not worry about creating a linux rescue disk.

On one disk, manually partition. One big chunck for Windows as the primiary
partition, and smaller chunks in an extended partion for linux. (If you're
going to have a centeralized NFS/SAMBA server you may just want to have root
and usr partitions for linux. 500mb or so for /, 2gb or more for use. NFS
mount the home directories from the main server.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132