Here is my lilo.conf file and I think that you are missing some lines in yours.

boot=/dev/sda9
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
timeout=30
prompt
default=012601

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.17-5tr_012601
        label=012601
        read-only
        root=/dev/sda9

Maybe you need the "default" statement but you only have one boot image so
maybe not.
Maybe try this and see if it works.  And make sure your initrd.img isn't in the
"/boot" directory.  This is pointing to "/".

boot = /dev/hda1
timeout = 100
default = linux
linear