This line

initrd = /initrd.img

Doesn't seem right.  I think it's supposed to be

initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.16-22.img

Look in /boot on the machine and see what initrd images are in there and
then put the appropriate one in your lilo.conf.  I've noticed that some of
the kernel rpms in RH7 don't exactly do their post-install stuff right.
When (or if) you apply the 2.2.17 kernel rpms (which is recommended),
they'll break your lilo.conf too, so you'll have to edit it again and rerun
lilo.

Gabe

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:26:56PM +0000, Andrew Nemchenko wrote:
> You know what I just finished my new Redhat install 7.0 from the ftp
> site and I'm having the same LILO problem all it says is "LI" at the
> boot prompt, I have not scsi or other types of possible problem causing
> devices attached. Here is my lilo.conf file, please help.
>
> boot =
> timeout = 100
> linear
> prompt
>   message = /boot/message
>   vga = normal
>   read-write
> image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
>   label = linux
>   initrd = /initrd.img
>   root = /dev/hda1
>

> ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"What's the big sleep, Ren?"
"Death, you eediot, death!!  Just like we'll be if we don't get outta here!"
			                   - Ren and Stimpy in "Big House Blues"